M.C.A- Master of Computer Applications(from best mca course)
About the Course: Today’s era is an information era because of wide development in the field of Information Technology. The IT revolution has come in a big way, and thousands of students want to join the band wagon. The Master’s Degree course in Computer Applications (MCA) is one course which incorporates in its syllabus the Computer Applications study with an essence of Mathematics, Statistics and Human Resource Management. This is a prestigious 3- year (6 semesters) course for the graduates who want to establish their credentials in the field of Information Technology as specialists. The maximum emphasis in this course is to deliver the industry specific contents, which have their relevance in the current as well as upcoming scenario. This most sought after highly recognised course caters to the demands of professionals with international acceptance.
The student of this stream would be served with the state-of-the-art systems and other laboratories of the college. They shall also have the support of an array of highly qualified and experienced faculty.
The MCA course is approved by AICTE, Government of India and is run under the curriculum of Visvesvaraya Technological University. The course is carefully redesigned and updated by the University frequently keeping in view the ever changing trends in IT industry. Upon successful completion of the course, the degree is awarded by the Bengaluru University also many surveys proved that Brindavan college is one of the best mca course in bangalore.
Outline of the Course: The MCA course extends for three years divided into six semesters including Six months dedicated for live project in industry. During the course of these three years, the student will learn the fundamentals of computers to the most advanced subjects in the field of computer applications.
The student will develop industrial oriented programming concepts in each of the semesters beginning from first semester onwards. A full-fledged live project will be carried out individually by each student in an industrial organisation of their choice in the 6th semester.
Eligibility: The candidate shall have passed Bachelor Degree(BBA,BCA) examination with not less than 50% of marks with Mathematics / Statistics / Computer Science / Computer Programming / Computer Applications / Business Mathematics / Business Statistics as one of the optionals or electives at Degree level of Bengaluru University or any other University equivalent thereto with 50% marks.
Provided further that in respect of candidate who has studied and passed one of the subjects specified in the first proviso in the PUC/10+2 with 50% of marks in that subject shall also be considered for admission. However in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST&Cat-I,45% of Marks in that subject shall be considered for admission.
At the time of admission students should have to produce the ranks obtained in any one of the National Level Test/State Level Test/PGCET/K-MAT score certificate.Brindavan college comes under the best mca course in bangalore.
Attendance: Minimum of 75% attendance in each semester is a must to appear for Bengaluru University examinations.
Academic Activities: Seminars, guest lectures, projects, tests group discussions and mid term and preparatory examinations.
Internal Assessment: Maximum of 20 marks in each subject will be awarded based on the performance in academic activities including attendance
Examination: Two exams in an academic year normally in the month of January and July.
Scheme of valuation: As per Bengaluru University regulations.
Promotion to next year: Students can carry over to next higher semester subject to the fulfilment of attendance requirement. However, if a student fails in any of the subjects in any semester, he/she shall not be awarded a distinction or I Class at the end of the course.
Vacation: 30 days at the end of II, IV semester in the month of July/August.
Project Report: Every student is required to undertake a project in the final semester from an industry and submit its report. This carries 150 internal assessment marks and 350 marks for project evaluation, project demonstration and the viva voce examination conducted by Bengaluru University.
Teaching Hours: Duration of Lecture hours I to V semester – 4 hrs / week / subject.
Lab Hours: Duration of Lab hours I to V semester – 6 hrs / week / Lab subject.
Project Work :
VI Semester – Live project at industry.
Outcome of the Course: After completion of the MCA course the student will be able to take up IT challenges in the following fields.
- Develop software projects using RDBMS methodologies.
- Develop software for simulation of complex economical & biological systems.
- Handle the different operating systems environment like UNIX, Windows, Client server technologies etc.
- Work in e-Business environments with strong theoretical background in subjects such as e-commerce, TCP/IPetc.
- Pursuing higher studies, eg., M.S. Computer Science, M.Phil & Ph.D etc.
Employment Opportunities: MCA Course has enormous job opportunities in the field of Information Technology, Bio Technology, Arts, Human Resources or Business Management. A few of the Opportunities are:
- can work in government or private sector organisations in different capabilities as project leader or programmer etc.
- can work as software engineer in the software industries such as Infosys, Wipro, HCL, BFL,TCS and so on.
- can work as network administrator in the client server environment.
- can work in research and development institutions/organizations.
- can work in space engineering, defence and Govt . agencies.
- can set up independent business for multimedia and other graphic applications. Brindavan College is listed as best mca course in bangalore karnataka.
- BE- Civil Engineering (from top be civil course in bangalore)
- M.C.A- Master of Computer Applications(from best mca course)
- B. Arch Course – Bachelor Of Architecture(from best barch colleges in bangalore)
- M.Tech – Mechanical Engineering (from top mtech mechanical colleges in bangalore)
- M.Tech – Civil Engineering -(from top mtech civil colleges in bangalore)